Donating to the MoD Collection
Artifacts, documents and photographs may be donated to the MoD by appointment. Our mandate is to collect records and artifacts of significance and enduring value to Dufferin County.
These are some of the factors we consider when an artifact or archival record is offered for donation:
- Do the records/artifact provide evidence of the personal, social, cultural, and/or political history of Dufferin County?
- Do the records/artifact represent Dufferin County people, experiences, stories or subjects?
- Are the records/artifact of a rarity or importance to be considered a treasure?
Please include the following information when calling or emailing museum staff about a potential donation:
- Your name and contact information.
- What is the object/archival document(s)
- Who owned it/where did it come from?
- Does it relate to Dufferin County? (Did the owner live here, was the document produced here, etc.)
- What year does the item date to (if known)
- Please attach a photograph of the item to your email.
Contact: Call: 519-941-1114 or send an email to email@example.com
Please Note: Other factors we consider are the record/artifact’s age, condition, completeness, relationship to other items in our collection and any restrictions on access or use either through legislation or as requested by the Donor. The MoD must also consider whether there are similar items already in the collection, and whether or not we have room for the item in our storage space.
For donations that we consider to be of more significance to our neighbouring museums and archives, we would be pleased to refer you to the appropriate site and provide their contact information.
Upon receipt of the artifact/archival donation, donor’s may request a charitable tax receipts for fair market value.